Saturday, July 01, 2006

Chery QQ

Yesterday I posted an article on this and said it is widely believe to be less than $30k. Well, it is so wrong. Today newspapers carried an advertisment on this car. Guess what? It is $32,900. After giving $2k discount for early birds, it is still $30,900. Maybe those Chinese living in Singapore might take the bite. But from a local point of view, I feel sales might not be easy to move. But of cos I have not test driven any and also have not seen the interior. So I might be wrong. But solely based on the price, my take is sales is hard to take off at this price. I think Singaporeans mentality is:" I might as well get Kia Picanto which is now $32,999." For a mere $2k more, it is at least tested and proven. How is Chery after sales service etc... is yet unknown. So unless the price difference is greater like $5k or more than current Picanto or Perodua Kelisa, it does not have much incentive to woo people over. So want to owe a car for less than $30k? Keep dreaming.

No comments: