Monday, March 26, 2007

Hong Kong

I just came back from Hong Kong. This place is quite a nice place! It is very similar to Singapore except the people there speak canto and weather is a bit cooler. However, things are not cheap there. A normal meal will set you off about HK$50 which is about S$10 and mind you this is only a normal cafe which is something like our coffee shop. The daily goods are not cheap either. The cheapest milk I can find in the supermarket is about HK$13 (S$2.60). In Singapore, you can get less than S$2 for a packet of fresh milk. So overall, their standard of living I feel is much higher.

So far I am quite impressed by their people. Over there, they have a higher level of civic mindedness. They will auto stand on one side on the escalator. Looks like Singapore still has a long way to go. Their crowd control is also very good. You dun really feel squeeze in train or on the street even though they have a bigger population. Their public transport is also really world class unlike Singapore. But their service is about the same as Singapore. I did not see any out of this world service in the retail area unlike Japan. But overall, they are still quite good. I think I will go there again soon to shop.

No comments: