Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Penang

I just back from Penang trip. Actually it is not really something I plan. My friend who is working in Penang asked me to join him for the weekend. Seeing him quite pitiful, I decided to pay him a visit. I use my Krisflyer points and change for a SIA air ticket.

When I reached there, it is about 5.30pm. After putting down my bag in the room, my friend and I walked to nearby hawker street to settle our dinner.






We had a few dishes and one of them is the infamous Penang Laksa.




One bad thing about Penang is the transportation. No trains and buses are quite unrealiable. So you have to rely on taxi which dun run on meters. Within the George Town city is usually around RM$20 or less. The next day we went to some shopping malls as it rains quite a lot as May is the rainy season. One of the latest shopping mall built is VivoCity alike Queensway Mall which is at the seaside. From there you can see Penang bridge.

During the 3 days stay, I watched two movies. One is TMNT and another is Spider-man 3. Ticket is at RM$10 which is quite cheap. Before I left for Singapore, I went to a local old brand call Ghee Hiang for the very good biscuit.




No comments: