Friday, June 29, 2007

Hog's Breath

I just came back from meeting my cousins. We had our dinner at Hog's Breath in Vivocity after one of my cousins strongly recommends the place. We booked 8.45pm but were not given a place until 9pm. The food must be good or else why no seats? I was a bit not happy. But luckily the guy who serves us looks very apologetic and keep saying sorry. This makes me less angry.

Then, the waitress quickly wiped the table and placed the cultery very seriously and carefully. But just when I sat down, one of the fork slipped off her hand and flew towards me! Lucky I am agile enough to catch it. She looks very apologetic and keep saying sorry. I did not feel angry but just feel incredible. Haha.

I ordered a mushroom soup and chicken chop while my cousins ordered steak for their main course. The soup is very nice. Got a very strong mushroom taste. But a bit salty though. The main course came and I dun find the portion big at first. But after eating, I find myself very full and I still left 1.5 chicken slice left. The chicken tastes ok but the sauce is nice. My cousins praised their steak like anything. Very big, juicy and fat.

Overall, I feel this place is quite nice. The ambience is rather good with live singing. The view is nice which overlooked Sentosa and its bridge. Service wise, I feel acceptable cos the staffs stand in one row and say goodbye to us. I think at that time no people liao so they got nothing to do ba. Still, it is a nice gesture. Food wise, not bad for the chicken and great for the steak. Price wise is slightly on the high side. 3 of us ate about $107.

No comments: