Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Langkawi 走一走: 上

In less than a year, I am back in 浮羅交怡 。This time round I went with my family for tour. As there are kids around, I suggested this place cos it is just a short flight plus we can drive around ourselves and stay in resorts which the kids will like.

How we go?
We took Malaysia Airline like last time.


Where we stay?
This time round we stay at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi. This hotel is located at Pantai Tengah area which is about 10-15 mins drive from airport. But it is about 20 mins walk to the main hype of the Pantai Tengah. So it is at a more quiet location. But there are a mini mart just opposite the hotel that you can get your basic needs and also rent a car. A few mins down the road will lead you to spa and more restaurants. The beach at this hotel is also quite nice.

I was given a room on level one. The room is quite big. I did a rough measurement. Should be around 30sqm. The bed is comfortable. But the aircon seems not working. No matter what temp I set, I feel the room is of the same coldness. There is a back door leading to a pond which I do not dare to open as I saw many bugs flying around. Also not to mention my room has tonnes of mosquitoes!! I think I have managed to kill at least 20 throughout my stay!! But my family in another room said they encounter only 1 or 2. The toilet shower head is too low and it does not provide a disposable toothbrush.

The staffs are on the whole are helpful. But dun expect them to greet or smile at you while passing by. The staffs over at the restaurant seems to smile more. Check in and out is rather fast. Calling a cab is easy and fast too at this hotel. The breakfast variety is limited and not really fantastic. Some of the food are also a bit cold.

The swimming pool and jacuzzi seems nice though I did not use it.

No comments: