Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dim Sum Dollies in The History of Singapore!

Today I went to watch a local musical production called Dim Sum Dollies in The History of Singapore! It is really wacky! My cousin initially asked me if I am interested to watch or not and I sort of go:"Hmm.. What kind of show is that? Nice meh?". But after watching the show, it really blew me off.

This 2 hours production is sort of a crash course mostly reflecting Singapore social issues and they are quite updated ranging from Ministers pay rise to Integrated resorts to F1 Singapore Grand Prix and not forgetting the winning of hosting 2010 Youth Olympic. The casts give a very solid performance. The most impressive things are the speed of changing clothes for the next scene and the imitation of how different races speak. Once again, this production is truly world class but some jokes I think only locals can appreciate. Ang moooo might not get it. Haha...

1 comment:

lock said...

finally u have revamped your blog, haha!!