Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ho Chi Minh City

I just came back from a 4D trips to Ho Chi Minh City over the Chinese New Year. This place initially I tot is quite backward. But I was wrong. I reached their international airport which is new. The counters are many to facilitate the crowds. I think got at least 10 unlike many places. Then, another stereotype thinking is that side should have no real branded goods like LV or Gucci. But I was wrong again. The place I stay is district 1 which I think equivalent to our Orchard Road. That area has no lack of branded stuffs and they are all real as their boutiques are housed inside 5 stars hotels.

The whole trip is more of educational trip. Haha. We went to see the reunification palace. This is the place where Vietnam war officially ended.


Then there is cu chi tunnel which is important to Vietnamese where they fight against US in the Vietnam war.


Then we also went to Mekong river. The boat ride gives me a National Geographic feeling. Haha. Overall, the trip is refreshing but just that I feel the food there is not suitable for me. The things are all boiled vegetable and cold tea. Maybe the tour guide did not bring us to the correct place to eat ba. Maybe I will visit this place again.

No comments: