Sunday, November 30, 2008

電腦展﹐你的名字叫 squeeze! Sitex 2008

三個月一次的 computer show - Sitex 2008 登場。This time it is held at Singapore Expo. My colleague asked me to accompany him there to buy a LCD monitor.

After traveling for a while to the East, we are wondering where to park as I expect the carpark at Singapore Expo is a killer! 果然不出我所料~ There is an extremely long cars queue waiting to get into the carpark.

Lucky I am smart enough to come up with plan B. We park at a nearby HDB carpark. Ok. It is not that near but a 15mins walk. Any way, it is free parking and is better than stuck in the queue.

The crowd is madness! It is very crowded inside. I think whole Singapore is here! After walking around and I saw many good deals!! This time round it is very obvious that the trend is moving towards laptops, notebooks and netbooks. Every booth is selling those things! Lesser booths are digital cameras, LCD monitors and printers.

I have 2 friends asked me to help them buy external hard disks. After walking two rounds, I saw a small booth selling what they wanted. But after asking they want to charge 2% more if I use NETS. As I do not want to squeeze my way out to 提款, I paid that extra 2%. But after a short while, I 後悔。Reason is I saw Harvey Norman booth selling the same thing and they accept credit cards payment with no extra charges! So the moral of the story is dun be too 衝動﹗Hard disks nowadays are so cheap! 2.5" 320GB costs less than $118. So this means 1GB now costs less than $0.40! The hard disk comes free with a hard disk pouch and a 4GB thumbdrive!


I also subscribe 2 years of FIRST magazine at a booth for about $4.05 per copy. The usual price is $4.5o if you buy at newspaper stand. They give 3 free gifts. I choose Police Sunglasses, GP travel battery charger and 3 traveling kits. I also purchase the December issue and they throw in some more gifts. So overall, still ok lah though some items 沒什麼用﹗呵呵﹗




1 comment:

lock said...

well done!

brand new design, brand new feeling!