Monday, December 01, 2008

獅城盡收眼帘 at Equinox

很久沒去 Singapore tallest hotel 飲 high tea 了。The last time I remember having high tea at this place is about 10 years ago (though I came a few times for dinner for the past few years)! This time "舊地重游" but both the restaurant and hotel name have changed. Previously the hotel is known as Westin Stamford Hotel and now it changes to Swissotel The Stamford. The restaurant located at level 70 also has 改名為 Equinox (formerly is Compass Rose).

This time round is my brother who suggested to come here for afternoon high tea. He said he treats so of cos there is no reason for me to 拒絕他。呵呵﹗He has the Feed at Raffles card which pay 3 for 4 people kind of deal.

We reached at about 3pm but it opens for business at only 3.30pm. Although it is a weekday afternoon, there are many people! Where is the 經濟危機? So when it is about 3.30pm, everyone queue up at the lift to get to the restaurant. When I reached the top, my family and I were ushered to a window seat. The view is very nice on top. This time round there are a few additional spots which previously I did not get to see like Singapore Flyer, the floating stage and Marina City Park. 在新建中的賭場 is not far away too.



The high tea has a wide variety of food but nothing to scream about. It is mostly eastern and less on the western style. Like prawn noodles soup, sushi, fried rice, chicken wings etc... It also has pastries, spaghetti, fondue, pan cakes etc.. So overall, the food is nothing special but your 食慾 increases with the nice view of Singapore. You feel like you are on top of the world! Maybe partly is I no need to pay a single cent. I dunno how much it costs but I think should be about $40++ per pax.








1 comment:

lock said...

nice view!