Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hong Kong

I am thinking of going to Hong Kong over the October weekend. So I called up my usual travel agent and asked to see if there are any good promotions going on. The agent quoted me some packages and I got a heart attack! It is so expensive! For a 4 days 3 nights tour staying at a 3 stars hotel with no breakfast, flying on Cathay Pacific with airport transfer need around $700! Later, I found out that it is due to double peak period. The peak season of both Singapore and Hong Kong. As my friend just went to Hong Kong about 2 months back and he only spent about $500. He took United Airline and stay at a 4 stars hotel. So I took that as bench marking. I have done some more research. If flying off after 15th of November, the hotel will be cheaper. If we choose to take a budget airline, I think going to Hong Kong staying in a 4 stars hotel with Airport express transfer, less than $510 is possible. But have to coordinate with my other friends. They are very troublesome one. Got many commitments. So I also dunno if this trip will be successful or not. If they cannot make it, I will go with my family.

No comments: