Sunday, March 23, 2008

Kuala Lumpur

I just came back from a 3D2N Kuala Lumpur trip. It is a holiday on friday and I make good use of this long weekend to fly over to KL. I took Tiger Air as the timing is good for me. But I feel it is better to take Jet Star next time. Reason is simply due to the inconvenience of taking the flight at Budget terminal at both Singapore and KL.

Any way, on the first day I reach KL central at around 1pm. I check into Boulevard Hotel at Mid Valley. This hotel is strongly recommended by a friend living in KL and is quite good. Room is quite spacious and I stayed at the executive floor at level 27. I get a nice view and get to drink and eat freely on its executive lounge. Haha.. But the breakfast variety is a bit let down. My friend staying in KL took half day off and bring me around. He first drove us to Putrajaya. This is a place where the new federal administrative centre is. It consists of several government offices. Prime minister's office is there as well. There is also the Putra Mosque.


Then, we continue our journey to a dragon fruit farm. It is somewhere near Sepang F1 International Circuit where so coincidently there is a match over the period I stay. I bought 2 dragon fruits which have red flesh for RM9 per kg.


In the evening, we went to eat steamboat buffet at Yuen restaurant recommended by my friend. There are many variety of food and the soup base is very nice! I eat until very full!


After eating, we still went to something like those 24 hours prata stall in Singapore for supper. But we were very full at that time. So we just order a mango freeze at this popular stall called Murni. The drink comes in quite huge portion! It is only until 12am+ then my friend sent me back to hotel. I was quite embarrassed as he spent a lot of time and money (road toll) bringing me around. Haha. So I invited him to Singapore.


The second day is more of a shopping trip for me. My KL friend has to go to another town for work. So he could not join us. My friend and I went on a shopping spree. We first went to Pavilion shopping mall. It opened quite recently and it is something like Paragon shopping mall where the stores are all quite upclass. This shopping mall is huge and I spent almost half a day there. Tangs opened it branch here and have a good sales. I bought 2 working shirts for 60% off! Then bought a tie over at Topman at 20% off and a t-shirt at Parkson at 50% off!! We have our lunch there at Laksa Shack. I ordered a ABC drink and Laksa. They taste quite good.




Then, we proceed to Sungei Wang and walk walk. I bought a Bluetooth dongle for RM16! It is really a steal! It is quite ex in Singapore. Guess I got a good deal. Haha. After exploring Sungei Wang which is very crowded, we pop over to Berjaya Times Square. We walk around and find nothing interesting. So we went for dinner instead at Uncle Duck. We ordered a roast duck which is their specialty and hor fun. Then, we quickly made our way to Mid Valley shopping mall and grab some toys for my niece and nephew. After that, we pop over to Jusco supermarket and grab a few packets of coffee and snacks. Finally, we end the day by catching a midnight show at the cinema Mid Valley shopping mall.


The last day we woke up, have our breakfast and dash to airport. Then, it is home sweet home. I hope to see my KL friend soon in Singapore. Any way, with budget airline, I am thinking of going to KL once a year to shop. I feel with the great discounts and lots of mega malls, I have a much better shopping experience than in Singapore.

1 comment:

lock said...

i shall start thinking about planning a trip to singapore, haha!