Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Magma

Today we got a visitor from Hong Kong. He came over to our company to give us a talk. In the evening, my boss wanted to give him a treat and asked me along. Initially, we wanted to go to East Coast seafood center but our visitor said he has a run last night and scare his stomach cannot endure seafood. So in the end, we went to a German restaurant called Magma. It is located quite near to Outram. We ordered quite a lot of dishes but I feel many are not up to my taste. I ordered a pumpkin soup. I feel it is not as nice as I have drunk somewhere else. Then, we ordered and shared a sausage platter. This dish luckily tastes nice. After that I ordered a pork knuckles. The meat is nice but the roasted skin tastes too much like charcoal.


Here comes the funny part. My boss has been to this restaurant before and ate a very nice dessert. But he dun know the name. So he described to the waiter and the waiter points to the menu for his dessert. But when it comes, it is not what my boss wanted. After a few questions, my boss found out that this special dessert could not be found in the menu and only one German chef there knows how to make it! So in the end, we did not get to eat this. My boss swears to eat it the next time round. Haa!!

No comments: