Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Latest model

Today latest COE is out but I will review it tomorrow. I think from time to time I will post some car news that I come across. Like got what latest model coming etc.. I shall start the ball rolling by introducing two compact cars hitting Singapore soon. The first one to be arrived by end of this month is Mitsubishi I. This is a rather compact car that is no larger than 660 cc, producing not more than 64 hp in a body up to 3.4 metres long. It will be available in two variants when the first few cars arrive from later this month onwards. One will be an entry-level 'no-frills' version, while another will have additional specifications like xenon headlamps, intelligent keyless system, and factory-fitted MP3 player and 15-inch alloy wheels. The estimated price is from $55,000 with COE. My feeling is it is hard to take off (I might be wrong) cos with that price you can get a bigger car.


The second compact car to hit our shore is by Naza. You might be wondering what brand is that? Naza is Malaysia's third automaker after Proton and Perodua. Its Naza Sutera will be landing here in August. According to news that the five-door hatchback's design concept and body were styled by Italy's legendary Pininfarina, with the ride and handling developed by Proton-owned sports carmaker Lotus. It will have a Suzuki engine and Japanese technology that will be assembled in China. So expect the price of this 1.1 litre car to be around $35k with COE. My feel is it will be attractive especially as a off-peak car.

No comments: