Sunday, June 01, 2008

张信哲逃生 Jeff Chang Escape

Now listening to Jeff Chang (张信哲) latest album Escape (逃生). This album is so hard to get. It is released in late April but I could not find it in many stores ranging from Causeway Point to IMM to West Mall to Ang Mo Kio Hub to VivoCity! I wonder if it is too hot selling until no stocks or not hot selling and limited stocks. Haha. Whatever the case, I finally found it in Junction 8. I bought it at Sembawang Music Center. It has a promotion of $3 off min $30 spent using Citibank credit card. So in the end, I combine with one more cd and this album costs me $17.40.

After listening one time, it sounds better than his previous album. His last few albums with Sony Music are quite bad. This time is with Ocean Butterflies and again he ditched those sure hit songs to try out different type of music. My most favourite song would be track 3 牡丹忧 (A Mother's Worries). It combines Beijing opera with a bit of mid-fast tune. Fantastic try! My other recommendation are track 5 小木马 (Little Rocking Horse) and 7 牧羊人 (Shepherd).

Tracks:
1 残念 (Too Bad)
2 逃生 (Escape)
3 牡丹忧 (A Mother's Worries)
4 可爱美眉 (Hot Chick)
5 小木马 (Little Rocking Horse)
6 最好的时光 (Best Days)
7 牧羊人 (Shepherd)
8 单车与跑车 (Bike or Wheels)
9 长途旅行 (A Long Journey)
10 天使的眼泪 (An Angel Cries)

No comments: